Video: Weight Bias at Home and School
Video Discussion Guide
Resources and Handouts
- Is Your Child a Target of Weight Bias?
- How to Talk to Your Child about Weight Bias
- How to Talk to Your Child about Weight
- Ways For Parents to Combat Weight Bias
- Weight Bias: Important Information for Parents
- How to Have a Productive Conversation about Weight Bias
- Bullies and Victims: Information for Parents from the National Association of School Psychologists
- Weight Concern: Talking to Your Child About Their Weight
- The Power of Others
- Web Resources
Online Conversation Guidebook
Weigh In: Talking to Your Children About Weight and Health is an online guide created by STOP Obesity Alliance and Alliance for a Healthier Generation to fill the information gap and offer practical advice for parents struggling with how to discuss weight and health with their children. A Spanish version of the guidebook is available as well as a discussion tookit.